Monday 22 October 2012

drinking cherry schnapps in the velvet night

 My beauty crush of the moment is most definitely the beautiful Miss Lana Del Rey. 
I love her timeless look thats so glamorous and reminiscient of old school Hollywood, without it being too cliche or dated. I have been basing my make up on this look quite a bit lately, toning it up or down depending on the occaison. That's what's so great about her beauty look, its totally wearable for day and night. Slightly darkening the sixties inspired eyes and cat like flick creates a bolder look for night, while a lighter taupe based eye looks great in the day too. I love nude lips and neautral blush and I think Lana's make up is perfection. It's really easy to recreate too.
Lana's make up inspired recent beauty looks at Milan Fashion week, in particular Dsquared2 AW 12. The Face Chart above shows how to do the look.

Key items for this look are definitely the jetblack eyeliner and the perfect nude lipstick. I have found that M.A.C Fleshpot lipstick is a really good nude colour and the creamy formula looks amazing. I have used both liquid and gel eyeliners to achieve this look and have found that gel gives a stronger black which makes your eyes really stand out, which I like. 

Although this is her usual statement look, Lana has been embracing autumnal lip shades in wine, berry and classic red shades (another look that I love). In this case, you just need to tone the eyeline down slightly and the key to perfect autumns lips is a good base and lipliner is essential. I used to think it was over rated, but since using it, I am a total convert. It really does provent the colour bleeding.

I'm thinking of posting tutorial style makeup guides, but I need to buy some more brushes and perfect my techniques first. But watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment