Tuesday 12 November 2013

OOTD: Tartan Tales

Hello All

Having only done one ‘OOTD’ post before that I didn’t even show my face in, which you can read here , I thought another ‘proper’ OOTD post was much needed!
As you all know, tartan is huge this A/W. From High end, to High Street, tartan is taking over many shops, editorials & my earlier wishlist this month, which you can readhere.
I’ve been a fan of tartan for a long time. For my thirteenth birthday I wore a tartan strapless dress with a tutu underneath (may I point out I was going through my gothic phase, that hasn’t quite finished yet, but is a lot less extreme! My fashion role model was Avril Lavgine). For my last day at high school, I wore a tartan kilt, Dr. Martens and fishnets, resulting in a telling off & being told, & I quote ‘Punk Rock died in the 80s’ by my head of year.
This however didn’t deter me! Featured in my aforementioned birthday/ October wishlist, & seen across the bloggersphere, I have been coveting that Primark tartan dress for a long time now. Having looked in my local store, plus in both the Marble Arc & Tottenham Court Road ones, I had little success. That was however, until this Sunday. This ‘quick trip, just to browse’ in Primark resulted in a small haul &the dress, at last!
The below outfit I wore to a wedding, not your typical wedding attire I’d say, however I felt totally comfortable, danced the night away as my feet didn’t hurt & hats are appropriate for weddings!

 Hat - Topshop | Tartan Dress - Primark | Striped Satchel - Primark | Matte White Shoes - Dr. Martens
 Lipstick - Russian Red by M.A.C
Silver Rings - various from H&M & The Great Frog | Nails - Matte White Barry M & Black Nail Art Pen Barry M

This dress, (which is only £15!) is a perfectly flattering shape. With the slightly puffed shoulders, nipped in waist & loose skirt, I found it to be a really great fit. This is not the original dress I set out for. I initially liked the darker red & green tartan version. However seeing it i n person changed my mind. I love this dress, so expect to see more of it in the coming months!
The satchel caught my eye in the queue (clever marketing Primark team!). It;s really striking, & since using it a few times, it's uber practical too!
My shoe collection is getting out of hand, with this being my third pair in a month. But Dr. Marten's are really well made shoes, & are good for the feet too. So far, I haven't even scuffed these matte white ones, & they look perfect still! Let's see how long that lasts, eh?
Having wanted a bowler style hat for a very long time, I finally got one. I love it. I've hardly taken it off since I got it.
The nails were a bit of a pain. They aren't the neatest, hence the slightly far away, unfocused shot! But you can see that I painted them matte white, & used the Barry M black nail art pen to do half moons & tips. Not bad for a first attempt!

I hope you enjoyed my first 'proper' OOTD. Lately I feel I've found my 'signature style' so hope to do more OOTD posts on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment