Thursday 28 February 2013

J'adore...Monochrome

Welcome to another new feature! Seeing as I changed my blog name to J'adore Jade, I decided to do a new regular feature called 'J'adore...', letting you all know what I'm loving at the moment!

J'adore Monochrome
Monochrome is huge this SS13. Personally, I think Monochrome is perfection! A black and white outfit can create simple, classic look, or transform you and make you stand out incredibly. Although a good colour pop makes an interesting outfit, sometimes the starkness of the deep black and brigh white can look as effective.

As cliche as it is, a timeless black & white outfit seems to always remind me of romantic Paris and how sophisticated and elegant the Parisian women look in their monochrome outfits with perhaps a flash of red lipstick.

Monochrome was all over the SS13 catwalks, and they created very striking shows
 Chanel SS13
 Marc Jacobs SS13
Prada SS13
 



The High Street interpretations of the trend are fabulous and there are so many great pieces avaiable at the moment!

BooHoo

http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/collections/mono/icat/mono/

Miss Selfridge


 

MissGuided
New Look



 
I recently featured this Miss Selfridge Tuxedo jacket in my '5 Ways To Wear...Black Midi Dress' post and fell in love with it. I've only worn it once so far, to a nice family dinner, but I've though of so many other ways to wear it. I just have to be careful as I am a very clumsy person so it'll have to be a white wine night!
It's such a classic piece that I'm glad I have invested in it, as it stands out and is a beautiful shape. So flattering.

Overall I think monochrome is such an amazing trend and I will be stocking up on classic black and white tailored pieces


 


No comments:

Post a Comment