Wednesday 28 November 2012

British Fashion Awards: British Style Award- Alexa Chung

Last night at the British Fashion Awards, Alexa Chung won the much coveted British Style Award for the third year in a row. She collected her prize in a Simone Rocha black embroidered dress and her usual tousled locks.

Although she now lives in the States, and a she incorporates more desinger peices into her wardrobe, her style is still  effortlessly chic. Her love of classic tailoring and ability to always be ahead of trend leads her to have a wardrobe and style that any girl (including me!) would absolutely adore!

I have pulled together some of my favourite looks of hers, plus made one of my own inspired by Alexa Chung, but with a twist to make it to my taste. Enjoy!
Alexa Chung Inspired Look
Coat- MissSelfridge / Dress - Dahlia / Ombre Kit- L'oreal Preference / 'Alexa' Bag- Mulberry / Brpgues - TopShop / Socks- TopShop

I really loved putting this outfit together and now all of these are on my monthly wishlist! (NB I have decided to do 'Monthly Wish Lists' rather than weekly as I tend to not want much every week!) Although I don't usually like brown / tan items, these really appeal to me as classic pieces. And, of course, the Ombre kit is a must for Alexa, whose had this trademark style long before it became a major trend.

Congratulations Alexa Chung!



No comments:

Post a Comment