Tuesday 27 November 2012

New Look SS13 Preview


 



I was invited to the New Look Spring / Summer 13 Preview event which was located at the New Look HQ, conveniently a few streets away from my work. I went with my Mum and it was a lovely little girlie bonding evening. We were given scanners to scan all the products we loved and comment cards to review pieces we either love, hated, or just wanted to write about. There were 2 floors to review. Downstairs constisted of a largely Pastle selection, underwear, jewellery, shoes and bags, while the Upstairs was split between 2 trends and swimwear.
It was really nice having a sneak peak at the possible products that may be in stores early next year, before even the Press (the press day was the next day).
Although at first I didn't scan that much as I'm not usually a pastle fan, I can see the upcoming 'The Great Gatsby' film is going to heavily influence fashion next year, with lots of embellishments and drop-waists. Peplum dresses and skirts were ever present, so hold on to your peplum pieces as their time is definitely not over yet. Similarly, skater skirts were still dominating. Studs also look to be big still, but unfortunately the majority was gold, as were the jewellery and bag clasps etc, and I really don't like gold!
As we were told, not all the pieces we saw would actually make it into the store next year, but I really hope that these beauties will be:
I've always been quite 'anti-creepers' but these could be the pair to change my mind! They look so dainty and pretty because of the colour and because I have fairly small feet for my height, I think they may look less clumpy.
We also received a goodie bag (woo!) which included a cosy onsie, perfect for the upcoming cold winter nights and lots of other cute little bits. It was a really fun evening and I loved talking to the Buyers who genuinely seemed to want to hear our opinions about what they should stock.

I hope to attend more of these in future!



No comments:

Post a Comment